EID 100 MODULE 2
1. How would you search for an exact word or phrase?
Phrase place them in the search bar with the quotation marks.
2. How would you search for something on a specific site?
Type in the specific search word followed by the word “site” with a colon and the website domain name together.
3. How would you correctly search for a definition?
Place the term define in front of the word you’re finding the definition for.
4. How would you search for a specific product available within a specific price range?
Type the product desired, type two prices from low to high, in between them with two dots. Remember to place “$” in front of these number values.
5. How would you search for a specific filetype?
use the term filetype with the specific filetype extension.
6. How would you include or ignore words in your search?
To exclude, use a minus symbol and to include a word use the word “and.”
7. How would you find sites/pages similar to an existing one?
Use related: _________.com
8. How would you confirm the exact form of a quote even if you were missing some of the words?
use an asterisk where the words are missing.
9. How would search for pages containing two connected words?
Use a dash option in order to connect the words.
10. How would you search for social media content containing a specific tag?
To search for a specific tag, you would use the @ symbol or # to see a specific search in the specific context of social media.